The EUSA University Center, as constituent of the Formative Campus of the Chamber of Commerce of Seville, provides unpaid International Educational Trainee opportunities for over 700 local and international students every year.
Trainee Abroad Programme Components and Characteristics:
All of our internship opportunities are designed according to ECTS regulations for internship practice as part of official degrees. As visiting students participating in internships, programme participants will benefit from individualized programme components, which may include any combination of the following.
- Application Analysis and Acceptance Process
- Interview with assigned Academic Tutor
- Internship Search based on Intern Profile
- Insurance and Visa Support
- Farewell Event
- Individual Tutoring and Supervision:
- Regular One-on-one Tutoring Sessions
- Regular Professional Supervisor Support
- Academic Guidance
- Academic Evaluation Report
- Specific partner supervision & follow-up requirement
- EUSA Certificate of Completion
- Location: Seville or other
- Programme Length: minimum of 4 weeks of internship
- Work Week: 20-40 hours per week
- Salary: Unpaid
- Languages: Recommended minimum B2 in Spanish or English*
*Students who speak little or no Spanish may find it difficult to secure an internship.
Internship Price, EU Students: Fall & Spring – 3.990 € (17 weeks); Summer: 2.540€ (10 weeks)
Administrative fee for non-EU Students: 200 €
EUSA holds agreements with several higher education institutions and international agencies outside of Spain. Final price for students coming through these may include fees derived from their additional services.
- There will be no refunds in case of the student leaving the internship earlier than the date established in the contract.
- If the student leaves the internship earlier than the established date, the report may be negative; this does not apply in Force Majeur cases.
- A deposit will be asked as a stay warranty before arriving at the student dorm. The deposit will be given back at the end of the term. In case of leaving the internship earlier than the established date, the deposit will not be refunded; this does not apply in Force Majeur cases.
- In case of early departure, immigration authorities need to be contacted.
Internship Areas: As part of the Campus of the Chamber of Commerce of Seville, our connections with national and international companies are exceptionally wide-ranging. Interns choose us for our business connections in the areas Tourism, Media, Journalism, Advertising, Restaurant Business, Marketing, Commerce, Sports, Finance, Administration and Hotel Management among manay other fields. Please contact us whatever your field of interest might be.
Mandatory Insurance: Students participating in EUSA’s Internship Programme are required to secure Schengen Territory High Medical Coverage including medical expenses and repatriation. EU students will be required to be in possession of the European Health Insurance Card, Non-EU students will be required to obtain their own medical insurance in order to receive their Schengen Visa. In addition to medical insurance, EUSA requires all interns to add a Civil Responsibility Insurance to cover any possible situations at the work-place. This type of insurance needs to be approved by both the internship company and EUSA. Participants may opt to obtain both medical and civil responsibility coverage themselves or through EUSA at an additional price. EUSA will charge a minimum of 150.00 EUR for Civil Responsibilty and a minimum of 100.00 EUR for medical insurance.
EUSA Accreditation: EUSA is affiliated with University of Seville and, hence, our degrees and courses are in alignment with the Spanish Ministry of Education and European Higher Education Area requisites. EUSA faculty is accredited and habilitated to teach at the Higher Education level through University of Seville’s Venia Docendi.
All EUSA degree students may opt to participate in our Emprésate programme, targeting student employability through unpaid internships in local companies. Our International Educational Internships are adapted from our degree internships to the needs of our international students, accommodating to their academic requirements.
Career Centre: Our career services department, Emprésate 360º, targets enhancing occupational opportunities of our students through internship experiences in a varied range of companies and institutions. By learning to face problems, taking on responsibility and developing their own initiative, these students will enhance their full potential and employability options.
Emprésate 360º was conceived to accompany all EUSA students, national and international in their formative process, evaluating their progress and assisting them in joining the job market. Its support and dynamization of the professional and entrepreneurial mindset has resulted in our alumni’s high employability rate.
- Soft Skill Evaluation
- Soft Skills Development Programme
- Internship Search Support
- Internship Supervision and Evaluation
- Alumni Employability Analysis
Credit Transfer: International students wishing to participate in an internship through EUSA will need to provide the requirements of the internship they want to take part in for credit transferability at their home institutions. Each student is responsible for working with EUSA and their home institution to ensure that their credits will transfer if required.
- Student dorm
Please contact email@example.com with any queries on housing and accommodation.
- Small Group
- Instituto Cervantes Accredited Center
- Native Instructors
- Cultural Component
Activities and Excursions: EUSA offers a variety of optional activities excursions each semester. Trainee Abroad Programme students are invited to join these activities as they please.
Internship Programme without activities and accommodation:
Internship Price, EU Students: 800.00€
Each additional month: 150.00€
Administrative fee for non-EU Students: 200 €
Our Trainee Abroad Programme follows a process of three stages, from the initial interview with the academic tutor by which our potential interns become familiar with the different components of the program, to the final stage of the internship at the work-place and the production of evaluation and certification documents. Depending on the component structure and particular characteristics of each specific internship, this process may be more or less simplified.
Participants will receive more details on their internship during the application process.
Academic tutor will be in contact with students before, during and after the internship, setting strategic meetings to control the performance and motivation of the student in order to guarantee a successful experience.
If you would like to apply to theTrainee Abroad Programme at EUSA click on this link. Once completed, send to firstname.lastname@example.org, all documents requested below. Our International Officer will get back to you after your application has been accepted or declined.
Please attach the following documents:
- Résumé and/or Curriculum Vitae (English or Spanish)
- One or two letters of recommendation
- A scan of your passport or ID-card
- A scanned ID-photograph (color)
- EU citizens: A copy of you national Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- NON EU citizens: Equivalent to EHIC Health Insurance Card
- NON EU citizens: Approved VISA to complete Study Abroad through EUSA
- Equivalent to Civil Responsibility Insurance Coverage: work-place insurance.
- Personal Presentation Video (no longer than 1 minute) to be viewed by internship providing companies. No format specifications.